Friday, August 28, 2009

I want to be rich


I have always been fascinated with the expression "rich interior life". Not really understanding what it is, I want it anyway. Bad. I want my imagination to flow - to swirl and pop and sparkle. I want to be able to create my own reality, simply by thinking it into existence. When I watch travel shows, I imagine what it feels like to be there in a sensual way - smell, touch, sound, taste and sight. I have become desensitized to my daily surroundings through familiarity. I now realize that to be rich, my interior life must be filled with warmth, ethereal music, exotic flavors, sweet scents and IMAX visuals. I have to live more intentionally to overcome the sensual poverty that familiarity brings. I live in one of the most beautiful areas of this planet - there is no excuse for a bland existence. Without shame, I commit to strive to become richer each and every day.