Friday, October 30, 2009

Congratulations Dara & Rohit!



Glenn and I had the honor of attending the wedding of Dara Chu and Rohit Lobo last Saturday at the Hacienda de las Flores in Moraga.  I had met Rohit in 2004 and became friends with him and his mother, Jennifer, during her 3 month visit from her home in Mangalore, India. Then in 2005 I was invited to join Rohit to travel to India for a celebration of his paternal grandmother's 90th birthday.  I was cared for so lovingly during my 2 week visit, and I fell head-over-heals in love with India.  Fast forward to fall of 2009 when I was thrilled to hear from Jennifer that Rohit was getting married and she and Leah, Rohit's endearing sister, were coming for the event. 

Rohit sharing his testimony
When Glenn and I pulled up to the venue, I could not hold back my tears of joy to see my dear friends again.  The wedding was a fun filled event overflowing with expressions of faith, commitment and love.  Glenn joins me in praying for God's abundant blessings for this unique couple as they begin their lives together as husband and wife.  Jennifer, I cannot thank you enough for sharing this special day with me.