Thursday, November 19, 2009

Sounds like a ...

nightingale!  Matt Nightingale has been on my mind so much lately.  Finally gave in and loaded "Still Standing" to listen to while I walked to class.  The result was tears streaming down my face - his voice is exquisite.  So rich, layered, emotive ... he has always touched me deep, deep in my heart.  I was blessed to have this man as our worship director for 5 years - which means most Sundays I could hear him.  Then he released this incredible CD, and he became portable.  He went with me to India, and sailed across the Pacific with me to Hawaii.  We are now far apart - he and his family have settled in Tulsa, Oklahoma, where he has taken a position at Redeemer Covenant Church. I am so thankful for this blessed man and the gift of his precious voice and spirit.


Joshua, Luanne, Matt
Zachery, Emily, Jacob