Monday, September 21, 2009

Waiting for Gabby ...


One of my dearest friends, my Malawi companion, was scheduled to go in this morning at 9am to begin labor induction. Seems baby Gabriella is too happy inside to come out and play. The plan is to send out the news of baby's birth by email, and I suspect Facebook. So I check, and check again. Jen has a large family, and an equally large circle of friends, so there are many waiting in anticipation. I keep sending up prayers, and imagine the transformation that my friend and her husband are going through. They are going to be the most amazing parents!

I remember each of the days my children were born. Especially my daughter, my first born. Life has never been the same. At 33 years of age, and 5'8" tall, my daughter will always be my baby. And now my baby is expecting a baby of her own. So in a 8 months and change I will be waiting again for the miracle of birth.